Tuesday, November 18, 2008

First baby shower

We had our first baby shower this afternoon at my school. Ian and Mom came with me. It was Mom's idea to have everyone pitch in a few dollars and buy one big gift instead of each grade level buying something separate. Buffie went out on a limb (which is very unlike her) and sent an email to the staff requesting just that. Well, when we arrived at the shower today we saw that the school had bought us our travel system!!!!! Ian and I were both soooo excited! It was a very big purchase and we were assuming we would have to buy it ourselves. The generosity of the staff is amazing and we couldn't be happier! My fifth grade team did a beautiful job and had a delicious punch, three fabulous cakes, and beautiful flowers on the table. Mom also bought us the hamper that matches Will's bedding and it was FULL of tons of gifts. She gave us a taggy blanket, an "It's a Boy!" Christmas ornament, some precious wooden hangers, and LOTS of other stuff! She even gave us the silver teething ring that I used as a baby. We had a great time and it couldn't have been better!

1 comment:

Massey-isms said...

For the record, I do go out on a limb very often in my head. :) I'm glad you enjoyed your first shower. I think of it as a trial for the baby shower of epic proportions.