Friday, October 31, 2008

Bed rest at 26 weeks!!!!

Well, I went to see Dr. Speight, my ob, last Friday and she was concerned about my weight gain and swelling. These are two things a girl NEVER wants to hear! Anyway, she put me on a low sodium diet and told me to check my blood pressure once a week. Ian decided he would go on the diet with me (what a trooper!) and we went shopping last weekend for a variety of foods low in salt. We have been doing great on the diet and I have actually been feeling better this week. I had the school nurse check my blood pressure today and it was pretty high. I called the doctor and they wanted to see me right away. When I got there, they took my blood pressure again and it was still too high. Dr. Speight informed me that I am to be on STRICT bed rest for the remainder of the pregnancy! That's three months!!!! Well, needless to say, I am nervous and disappointed and sad and a million other emotions that I won't bore you with right now. What's most important is that William is doing fine (I heard his heart beat today) and that we caught it early. I will have an ob appointment once a week now and sonograms every two weeks. They are keeping a close eye on things and as long as my blood pressure stays within normal range while at home, they won't put me in the hospital. Say a prayer for us! We will keep you posted!

No comments: